• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flasher relay mounting

randerson

Randy,

Look on the relay and locate the nib in the center of the spring plate that is mounted on the side of the relay. Now grab your flashlight (torch) and look above the the hood release handle. About an inch above the handle is a hole in the sheetmetal just big enough for the nib on the relay spring plate to fit into. Once the nib is slid/inserted into the hole the pressure from the four small arms on the spring plate will exert enough force against the sheet metal to keep it there. The relay should be orientated so that the plug is on the bottom. Hope this is of some help.

Earl

74 02Lux

72 Volvo 1800ES

02 M Roadster

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Thank you Earl and Bill. I now know my problem. There is not a nib on the back of my flasher. It has a small spring bar and I can now see the hole where it should mount. I will have to get a new flasher

with the nib on the back to fit into the mounting hole.

Thank You both,

Randy Anderson