• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bentley Manual?

sublimefan187

There is the factory blue manual, which is also available on CD.

And there is the Haynes.

There is also the Chilton but I don't recommend it. It's one of those manuals that cover 67 different models. The Haynes is for the 1600 and 2002 exclusively. It's better manual.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

There is the factory blue manual, which is also available on CD.

And there is the Haynes.

There is also the Chilton but I don't recommend it. It's one of those manuals that cover 67 different models. The Haynes is for the 1600 and 2002 exclusively. It's better manual.

I agree. I own the Chilton's, but I am attempting to find the Bentley. Anyone have a link to a site where they sell it?

I have both the Haynes manual and the blue Factory Manual. The Haynes tells you how to do things, along w/ tips and warnings, while the Factory manual just says, "do this" or "do that". You're supposed to know how to do these things because you're a trained factory mechanic. The Factory manual has good photos though, so I usually end up using both if it happens to be something I haven't done before (not often the case anymore after owning my ' 02 for 27 yrs.).

Bob Napier

Look on Barnes and Noble or Amazon.com for used books. There are, or were, quite a few service manuals back in the day. I probably have most of them.

Clymer made one specifically for the 2002, with performance tips in the back. I think I paid $8 for mine, in excellent condition. The pictures are very clear, in comparison to the Haynes.

Chilton's made an early edition manual for all models 1970-1988. It had a lot of the down and dirty stuff that the lawyers made them take out later. Especially items about freon, etc. There was also a very early one that was hardbound. The drawback is it covers every model, so you have to sort through a lot of chaff.

And of course, the Haynes manual. It's good, but sometimes the pictures are hard to read. But it is commonly available.

There is always a weber carburetor book and the McCartney guide too.

post-2736-13667595589594_thumb.jpg

post-2736-13667595589929_thumb.jpg

post-2736-13667595590248_thumb.jpg

John in the Columbia River Gorge

1976 2002 Chamonix/Navy - SOLD

2001 330i