• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Ain't Bad Either....

tsteph12

Tom, it's beautiful. First photos I think I've seen of this car. I must admit though that I'm still a bit partial to Verona Tourings. But then there are so many choices...

Thanks for the touring "cheesecake" photos. Your car looks sharp. I see you have it up for sale, but hope you might find a way to not let it go. We actually met years ago at a Palo Alto show when my wife and I were living up in the Bay Area. Did not have the touring back then, but rather a pretty nice '73 polaris tii that got sold back in 2003. All the best.

T.R.

Tom, I remember that meeting well. I passed on contact info for the late Claus Graeter who assisted me in bringing my Touring over from Amsterdam. Yeah, that Polaris of your's was a pretty sweet little 02...

I had spoken with Claus a couple of times in the past, but was not aware he passed away. The picture you just posted of the touring is one of my favorites. Taken at the Amsterdam Auto Show in 1971, it shows a tii touring with the rare factory "sport paket" including black Recarro interior with cream piping, US turn signals, Hella fog lamps, sport steering wheel (same as the 1600ti), and alloys. I am quite fortunate to have a touring that has this sport package. Another owner I am aware of lives in Switzerland and sometimes posts on this site. His original inka tii touring has been in his family since new. Would be great to catch up again in person.

T.R.

Tom, yeah, I love that photo as well. I found a factory print years ago on eBay. What else was included in a Sports Package?

Let's be in touch. I'd like to meet up at some point as well...

I miss the days when Wilber from The Netherlands had and moderated that old touring enthusiast webpage. Used to be a great source for info.

T.R.

How about a westcoast touring get together sometime soon?? Preferably before everyone sells their tourings to someone out-of-state. A special section for tourings at the October SoCal meeting?

It would be great to have an exclusive touring meet sometime. Central coast maybe. Cambria?? Gotta start talking about it sometime if the interest is there. There are at least three of us in this thread...Whatja think?? I always thought it would be cool to have a bunch of tourings in Yosemite. Wawona Hotel??

Then again, there is always Santa Barbara..

ronal007.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Steve, Im in (I'll make sure I have a Touring until then...). Great idea. SLO would be cool as well (Rob would have a very short drive).

Tom, Wilber is back in a more limited capacity (no "nothin but Tourings" photo galleries). He was going to add Targas into the mix. Not sure what happened, but what's there is pretty thrilling...

http://www.bmw4life.nl/

post-1249-13667594898381_thumb.jpg

Paul Huber

2000 Touring tii in 1/18 scale

As one of the less fortunate standard (ie non-sport paket) Touring owners I would love to see some pics of the interior of your car. I do have the sport wheel in my car though. And oh yeah I am one of those outa state Touring buyers! LOL.

Sam Adams

75 2002 Chamonix sedan

72 2000Tii Touring Inka

89 325iX

03 MINI Cooper

Tom, I remember that meeting well. I passed on contact info for the late Claus Graeter who assisted me in bringing my Touring over from Amsterdam. Yeah, that Polaris of your's was a pretty sweet little 02...

I had spoken with Claus a couple of times in the past, but was not aware he passed away. The picture you just posted of the touring is one of my favorites. Taken at the Amsterdam Auto Show in 1971, it shows a tii touring with the rare factory "sport paket" including black Recarro interior with cream piping, US turn signals, Hella fog lamps, sport steering wheel (same as the 1600ti), and alloys. I am quite fortunate to have a touring that has this sport package. Another owner I am aware of lives in Switzerland and sometimes posts on this site. His original inka tii touring has been in his family since new. Would be great to catch up again in person.

T.R.

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

As one of the less fortunate standard (ie non-sport paket) Touring owners I would love to see some pics of the interior of your car. I do have the sport wheel in my car though. And oh yeah I am one of those outa state Touring buyers! LOL.

Sam Adams

Hey Sam, I knew you would chime in here. Here is a pic of the interior of a Golf Touring w/Sport Paket that Rob (2002Haus) sold a few year ago.

05_12_sb.jpg

Here are a lot more pics of the same car. http://www.2002haus.com/tiitouring3420207.htm

Hope that helps.. How is my "twin" doing??

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

How about a westcoast touring get together sometime soon?? Preferably before everyone sells their tourings to someone out-of-state. A special section for tourings at the October SoCal meeting?

It would be great to have an exclusive touring meet sometime. Central coast maybe. Cambria?? Gotta start talking about it sometime if the interest is there. There are at least three of us in this thread...Whatja think?? I always thought it would be cool to have a bunch of tourings in Yosemite. Wawona Hotel??

Then again, there is always Santa Barbara..

ronal007.jpg

I'm game Steve. I love the Central CA Coast, so no need to twist my arm for this sort of rally. When, where?? No plans for the next few foreseeable weekends. Feel free to email off line as well.

T.R.