• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YES! Finally no bumpity bump stopping around corners!!!!

peteinjp

After this mod:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,310574/

My car finally handles like it should. I was getting so tired of the ever so predictable understeer that occurs when the front bottoms out. It was the limiting factor in terms of really putting the car into a corner. My car is not even that low and has 300# springs up front- and I'm not even running r-comps right now (195 falken azenis) and it was still a problem.

Now its neutral enough that I can toss it into a corner and have that nice even drift thru the apex- get on the gas and the rear just comes out a little. And in hair pins I can get the rear to rotate by engine braking into the corner, cutting the wheel and getting on the gas. DAMN is it fun! I've been waiting to get this done for way too long.

No more front valance smashing, wince causing "BAM" when I come to a pot hole or sharp dip before a bridge or what have you.

So far anyone that has the car lowered at all- if you find that the front end pushes on tight corners or if your one that thinks that bilsteins are way stiff- put a ziptie on your shock and go for a drive. Take a look after and see how much travel you have used. My bet is that a good number of us with full length struts and lowered cars have this problem and don't even know it.