• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

323 rear trailing arms - questions?

SRC60

I've read they are wider than the 2002 arms - anyone know how much they move the wheels out?

Also, what emergency brake cable do you use? I am having a devil of a time removing the emergency brake cables from the 323. They will not separate from the tubes on the body. Anyone know how they come off?

TIA, Steve.

Guest Anonymous

The 323 brake cables are removed from the body in the same manner that the brake cables on a 2002 are removed. At the wheel, the brake cable is attached to the backing plate by two studs with nuts and a clevis pin at the parking brake.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

OK, thanks for the info. I will try to heat the cables where they fit in the tubes. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of retainer or clip or they weren't threaded before I got more aggressive at trying to remove them. I assumed they were just rusted but you know where that can lead.

Steve.