• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Fest Northeast at Lime Rock Update

Here is the latest information that we have we are still waiting on details but the ultimate basic info is to show up at Lime Rock on August 31, Sunday. O2 fest is taking place during the Rolex Vintage Vintage Festival

This is a great weekend to say the least. Its SCR's first sponsorship of the 02 fest, but I first went to the vintage fest when I was 19 and have been back every single year since without fail, and usually for 3 plus days of it. Only missed 02 fest last year since 1992.

This is the only "02 fest" taking place this year in the northeast. There will be no other event the following week as it has usually been. Willy Wiley, the organizer for years past and to whom we're thankful for being the torch bearer for many years, has let Paul Kuchay, Herr Fest Meister, take the reigns for this event. Paul's vision has been to get the event nicely tucked into a larger vintage car event to gin up more interest and attendance.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REGISTER JUST SHOW THE HELL UP with your 02. God, be like me and show up in a 911 or e30 for heaven's sake, there is no fee for attending. Just pay Lime Rock's entry fee and let's all have a great day.

It is taking place on the Sunday during the concours, but is not officially part of the larger concours. There is a separate corral for 2002's but anyone who's been in the concours may have gotten an invite for that and we're of course encouraging people to take part in that too.

Here are some basics: Go to the "infield" entrance" At the gate its $20 per person, cheaper advance tickets are available thru Lime Rock or AAA if you are a member. Either get the ticket ahead of time or pay at the gate. From this point, we should have someone from the SCR Metal Men who can direct you. We're fairly adept at spotting 2002's due to their boxy stature and generally smarter than average drivers, and will have bright orange shirts on and are really, really swarthily good looking. And I mean swarthy. Almost filthily swarthy. If we miss you, and you find yourself parked next to a rusty Lotus Elan (ha ha) in the Lucas car corral just call me on my cell phone at 860 614 4865 and I can tell you where to go.

We've got space for 40 cars, and hope like hell to fill it up and push other cars away into Salmon Brook. Anyone in an 02 will be able to partake free of charge of Grilled Meat from our Patented Gigantic Tow Behind Grille. New Country BMW is providing food for the event, SCR is providing grille and staff and old wood to char the food. Food is free to you and whomever you rode with as long as it lasts. Dont worry about the carbon footprint.

Harpoon Brewery is now the official beer of Lime Rock Park and should be available for a price of course. Trust me, Harpoon is good.

We're planning for awards like in years past and will have some killer t shirts for sale at the event.

No matter what, just show up. Its not like the lawn in growing that much this time of year and more than likely, the kids are off to college already and it will be a great event and I hope to see all the old familiar faces there. Plus it will be a great opportunity to introduce all the "infidels" driving rusty Lotus Elans (!) to the greatness of 02's.

Can you imagine how many people will saunter by an talk to us about their uncle/brother/father/friend/college roomate who had an 02? THESE ARE OUR DISCIPLES WE CAN REEL THEM IN AN TRAIN THEM IN THE WAYS OF THE 02. Plus we can sell parts to them once they buy a car or even sell them cars. This is not a bad thing, its the circle of life.

Matt

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

www.sports-car-restoration.com

1974 2002 turbo 4290909, resto project, looking for parts

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

68 1600 channeled and flared project

70 2002 flared car project

This is going to be a great event!

I wish so much I could go, but with work and all I just can't do it.

Matt is right, Harpoon is good beer!

John

DSC01415.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Guys,

Awesome job putting this together. I had a blast.

Here's my pics from the event. If anybody wants the full size, email me (rtheriaque at gmail dot com) and I'll send you the original file.

Thanks so much for a fantastic day in the sun.

http://s519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/rtheriaque/?start=0

~Rob

'73 2002 Warmbold Rally Car Imitator

'89 325i Time Capsule

It was great to meet everyone Sunday! Matt the Turbo is stunning.

The event was a blast! I strongly suggest that next year you load up your wife/girlfriend, dog and/or kids into your '02 and make the trip. Next year I hope to contribute more than parking the Accord in the Outfield and mooching Harpoon & burgers!

Hope to see everyone at the Bavarian Autosport Show & Shine!

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76