• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lodging Info for SoCal Vintage BMW Meet

leonine99

For those of you that are coming from out of town to attend the SoCal Vintage BMW Meet on Saturday Oct. 11, we have been able to secure some very favorable rates with a couple of hotels very close to the Meet - and all this information is posted on the website as well - socalvintagebmw.com.

Hoiday Inn Express is offering the best group rate of $109.00 plus tax, including hot breakfast in the morning, parking, local calls, and internet connection. Call Ellen Mapue at 818-989-5010 directly or e-mail her at calhosp@aol.com to book reservation, and mention you are with the SoCal Vintage BMW Group. Rooms are on a first come, first served basis, so don't delay.

Carriage House Best Western is offering a rate of $109 for a King Bed room and $118 for two Queen Beds (plus tax). Call 877-787-2300 and say you are part of the SoCal Vintage BMW Group. Reservations must be made at least a week prior to the event, as they will release any remaining rooms to the public by then.

We're looking forward to a great meet, and are contemplating a Malibu drive in September, so feel free to give your indication of interest on that as well. Info on food will be posted shortly! Anyone who hasn't registered for the show please do so, as registration fees will go up after September 7. Thanks!

Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

Have you determined the hours of the meet yet? That would help in planning the weekend. Thank you for all your work. It looks like the preregisteration list is really growing. It will be great gathering.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Have you thought about "piggybacking" on the VARA Oktoberfest in September and organizing a drive to that? http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,310044/ Gives us a good destination, Buttonwillow Raceway, and a good reason for a drive. We could gather at the 126/I-5 intersection. Just a suggestion, think about it.

Steve

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Thanks Steve, the hours of the meet will be 9AM - 4PM, although I'm sure I'll be there 6 to 6! I know Jeff was organinzing the Buttonwillow Race meet, but I'm going to leave that to the guys that want to race their cars...maybe John B, Pierre, Jack, etc, thay may head up...I haven't checked with them on it. I think they are doing an informal run up 33 to Frazier Park this coming weekend though. Too fast a crowd for me, I get nervous on mountain roads going 80........!

Jeff

BMW CCA Member #423513

Thanks Steve, the hours of the meet will be 9AM - 4PM, although I'm sure I'll be there 6 to 6! I know Jeff was organinzing the Buttonwillow Race meet, but I'm going to leave that to the guys that want to race their cars...maybe John B, Pierre, Jack, etc, thay may head up...I haven't checked with them on it. I think they are doing an informal run up 33 to Frazier Park this coming weekend though. Too fast a crowd for me, I get nervous on mountain roads going 80........!

Jeff

I wasn't suggesting that we go there to race, just go to support those 02s that would be racing there. It is rare that we get a chance to see 02s in a race and this would be a good opportunity to caravan up, hang out, cheer on 02s, meet NoCal FAQers....generally have a fun day. There are some of us going anyway and didn't want to diminish any SoCal Vintage PreMeet events. We can usually just escape one day a month, without screwing up things at home too much.

Appreciate all your efforts,

Steve

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Sorry, Steve, my bad. I agree, it would be a good day to meet up with everyone. I myself can't make it, I'll be out of town right about that time, and swamped with getting Meet stuff lined up. But....feel free to pimp the Meet while you're there...lol. I'm terrible......thanks. I probably should post some info on the website at least.....when I get some time...ack

Jeff

BMW CCA Member #423513

Ok, Steve, you are right, we will have SoCal Vintage BMW team up with VARA and we will get a drive organized up to Buttonwillow. Everyone is right, we need to support each other as much as possible....John was talking about a drive up CA 33 to go there instead of the 5, so we'll see. I'll get things rolling on socalvintagebmw.com this weekend and start rallying troops....I think that we'll be able to have some pit access and drive on the track during the lunch break as well if i get my act together....but I'll have to get all the details for sure....

Jeff

BMW CCA Member #423513