• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Stainless brake lines install ?

tsho

Hi all,

Got the ireland SS brake line kit as part of a brake overhaul. Tossed the old rubber lines and am now confused on what new line goes where.

Do you bypass the old hanger and go straight from the solid line in the wheel well to the caliper? In other words, what was a two piece line becomes one?

Or am I missing some logic? The kit has two shorts, two medium and two long hoses total.

Thanks all,

T

73' non-tii

Hmmm........When I got my Ireland kit it came with 4 equal length hoses for the front and 2 others for the rears. Your kit might be incomplete. The ones in the front were about 12 inches. The rear ones were shorter. I think. Its been a while since I installed them. Hope this helps.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

I double checked. You are correct.

So, in that case, you just bypass the hose hanger on the strut and to straight from hard lines to the caliper?

Yup. Thats it.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Guest Anonymous
I double checked. You are correct.

So, in that case, you just bypass the hose hanger on the strut and to straight from hard lines to the caliper?

Yup. Thats it.

No, it's probably not..

The typical set of Teflon or Kevlar brake hoses (with SS braid cover) made for the 02 would go from the hard pipe's fitting at the bracket on the inner fender to the fitting at the hard line to the caliper.

I have not seen the IE set you bought, so it could be different - but as you said it has female at both ends it seems like it would be a direct replacement for the OE flex hose.

Why would you bypass the bracket/hard lines? You just attach it to the hard lines at the bracket, as a direct replacement for the rubber brake lines.

I've got an IE kit and it was simple as can be, and they're still working great.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Looks like I'm going to need to find a photo or schematic. my manual is severely damaged in the majority of the brake section... of course.

Based on what I can tell the ss lines would be way too long, if I simply replaced the OE rubber.

Don't need a reminder that I should only do one at a time next time.