• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Clutch Master Pushrod Bites the Dust

JerryC

Lost my second clutch pushrod link in less than 30,000 miles. I did a search. It's amazing how often the clutch master pushrod fails. Definitely a weak link.

Someone could make a little dough developing a replacement for the old steel pushrod. I used to have one laying around, but it seems to have disappeared.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

Sounds like something is stressing that part. Is everything aligned properly? All bushings present?

I just replaced my clutch master cylinder. I can send you the old pushrod if you want it. Send me your address, onetwomanycars at yahoo cot com

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Sounds like something is stressing that part. Is everything aligned properly? All bushings present?

I just replaced my clutch master cylinder. I can send you the old pushrod if you want it. Send me your address, onetwomanycars at yahoo cot com

It's all straight. All the bushings and pivots are about 3 years old. The broken stump lines up with the pushrod quite nicely, but no amount of wishing would get it to go back together.

It's interesting to drive home with no clutch. Timing of lights takes on a whole new meaning. My son really got into it, too. It was kinda fun.

You've got mail.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now