• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

320i radiator conversion

lilblackcat

Hello fellow-02'ers. I am new to mechanics and need a bit of advice about upgrading my 2002 radiator to a 320i one. I have the old one out and have done a lot of research on the fit for the 320i. Everything I read says that the newer radiator will fit just fine but I just need to drill new holes and get a new lower hose. All seems well laterally but the height is significantly taller. I test drove an '02 not too long ago that had a hole burnt through the hood from some other poor soul who tried to do this conversion... obviously unsuccessfully.

Can someone steer me in the right direction? Or was that, "radiate" your wealth of knowledge my way? ;)

Thanks,

Michele

Here you go. The lower hose is a bit of a strange fit, but it's not that hard. Otherwise, buy four long M8 bolts and matching washers & nuts. The lower, driver's side bolt is hard to drill, but three bolts are enough if you can't get to that one. I cut out most of the battery tray to get to it for mine, which is easier because my battery is in the trunk.

Hope this helps!

02320Radiator.jpg

P.S. - Pay no attention to the beaten-up fan and radiator. I'll never forget to set the forward motion limiter on the passenger's side motor mount again!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog