• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whats the best way to order parts into canada?

arifeder

one way is ship the parts to a friend who lives close to the border and pick it up there. another way is order thru blunt. i can get parts for you direct from the bmw canada at a discount, but somehow we are still pricier. all mechanical and electrical parts i source locally from carquest, canada parts online, metrix and they are sometimes cheaper than us sellers.

my friend richard has some nos parts.

cheers,

dave

I ship everything I get online through Bav. Auto to a company Hagen's of Blaine ( less than a 5 minute drive from the peace arch crossing).

Basically call them and set up an account (free to set up).

All you have to do when you order items is have it shipped to Hagen's of Blaines address, but with YOUR name on the box (or which ever name the account is under).

They will call you once it has arrived and you have 2 weeks to pick up the item. If you take longer it's an extra 50Cents a day or something like that.

When you go to pick it up, just tell them your name and you pay $3 dollars for them for holding it for 2 weeks and calling you.

Pretty simple, and a lot of the time you save big money because companies will offer free shipping but only in the U.S. You also save on service charges if shipped by UPS, and you have the chance of not having to pay duties when you drive back.

Hagen's of Blaine

816 Peace Portal Dr

Blaine, Washington

360-332-5246

IMG_5202-1-1.jpg

1976 2002 - Mintgrun

1986 535i - Bronzit

If you don't have the option of shipping to the border, then USPS is the way to go, it will always be the cheapest. Usually (for some reason not always) if the value is less than $100, you will not get charged duty for USPS or Canada Post items. UPS is usually the worst for duty charges coming into canada.

Some places have better arrangements with their shipping companies. Pegasus Auto Racing for example, is the only place I buy from that I get shipped straight to my house..I have placed orders on Tuesday morning before and had them at my door Thursday afternoon, and shipping/duty/etc is very reasonable; not worth it for me to get it shipped to the border. They use FedEX if I remember correctly.

matt

I was getting fatly pricing at my local dealer since my brother in law worked there. When I checked into prices for the turbo flairs etc. they were double the price of the parts in the States (Pacific BMW in California)! Shipping can't be that bad to make up the difference. Send everything by USPS and declare a low value. Remember to state that the parts are for a vintage car- no duty then.