• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headlite --Rare ?

Hello , anyone have any info on this style headlamp , it has a small bulb at the side , my problem is they should be right and left , but both of mine are the same. The small "city" or parking lite inside is at 4 o'clock on the driver side , so the match would be 8 o'clock on the pass side. I love the clear fronts , and want to use these , if I could find the pass side HL life would be good or a complete set. These have a 60 watt halogen insert.

Thanks Bernie

post-3074-13667591132762_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

...geez, I had a set of those in the 70's on a '71 2002. As I recall, the small lamp is a parking light. Detail seems to escape me now.

k

Life, for you, is good...you already have a matched pair.

The Euro "city" lights are not "sided."

If you look at the old-style 7" lenses by Cibie, Hella, Bosch and Marchal, you'll see they are of only one asymetrical design. This design aims most of the light either straightforward or the right (to illuminate the shoulder of the road).

I can't say much about how it was in the UK...I'm sure Lucas made something comparable to light up the left shoulder of the road...although not likely with as much reliability.

:)

Delia

cibie2.JPG

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Life, for you, is good...you already have a matched pair.

The Euro "city" lights are not "sided."

If you look at the old-style 7" lenses by Cibie, Hella, Bosch and Marchal, you'll see they are of only one asymetrical design. This design aims most of the light either straightforward or the right (to illuminate the shoulder of the road).

I can't say much about how it was in the UK...I'm sure Lucas made something comparable to light up the left shoulder of the road...although not likely with as much reliability.

:)

Delia

In the UK we had the same Hella or Bosch lamps, but the glass was opp hand to throw the dipped beam to the left. The side light (as we called it) or parking light, I thought, was always at the bottom (6 o'clock) pos'n. I'm 8~9000 miles from my car so can't check.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17