• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery Holder

lsixt

Battery tray is solid, but there is nothing to hold down my battery... parts lost / or rusted, eaten, etc...

Any suggestions on where I can get something to hold down my battery (stock location).. Most universal holders, require the bottom tray tabs, which we don't got. Real OEM didn't seem to show any part(s) or numbers.

Pictures would be cool.

Thanks,

Len

Actually, I think I do have the rod part of this...

Does that rod go on the outside of the battery (closer to the fender than the engine)?

I'll have to look about for the other piece. Maybe the cat didn't eat the thing.

Thanks,

Len

It's nice to use the stock holddown, but sometimes that's not possible. Often the nut in the tray is stripped. Also most batteries (virtually all except some you can get from BMW) don't have the correct holddown tabs on them; usually the tabs are too high to fit under the lip and holddown bolt.

A cheap hack is a nylon web strap.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators