• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First 2002 project

chad

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, although I have already posted a few question, and just picked up my first 2002 (after growing up with 510’s). I have started the task of repainting the car and was amazed how solid the car was. The only surface rust was from the front bumper pushing in the front fender. After the paint job the next step will be replacing the engine (bought it with a bad one) and updating the suspension. I am very excited to finish the car and will keep updating the thread.

Chad Wallin

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

chad

Posted Images

I picked up some spare parts today that were on the local craigslist and have a new question for the forum. I picked up a new hood for my project (the one on the car has rust around the bump stop) and would like to know how people in the past have reattached the hood skin to the two center supports? I will also be selling some of the stuff (fenders and a dash) once I get some pics so keep an eye on the classifieds.

I know how you feel about the excitement. This was my first weekend with my 02 since last fall and I had a blast......no tickets either!! Keep us posted as the project moves forward please.

1973 2002 M2 - sold and in Florida

1967 Porsche 911S vintage race car "Ugly Duck" - Sold and staying in Denver

1972 BMW 2002 FIA Gp 2 Replica

I know how you feel about the excitement. This was my first weekend with my 02 since last fall and I had a blast......no tickets either!! Keep us posted as the project moves forward please.

1973 2002 M2 - sold and in Florida

1967 Porsche 911S vintage race car "Ugly Duck" - Sold and staying in Denver

1972 BMW 2002 FIA Gp 2 Replica

I love your 02 and I actually want mine to look similar.

I spent the weekend doing some sanding and hopefully next week will be doing the same. I have strong goals for the project so with all luck will be posting regularly.

On another note, the suroof seal thats on the body, will a new seal come with a stainless steel trim? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stopped by Chad's garage the other day to see how the project's coming. I have to say he is doing top notch work. Removing all the rust and doing a very thorough job of it. The paint looks great. That is going to be a very nice car.

pldlnr

"All you care about is those cars."---My wife