• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

console...my fears :-))))

Lorfjord

So I'm debating. I really dont need to install that old Blaupunket I got last summer. I can sing to myself.

Blubird gives me an "adult time out"

I opened the console last summer, to connect my new old Blaupunkt.

I found that I need older connects as my Pioneer circa 80s (no longer works) is not compliable with my Blaupunkt.

tried to re-align the many holes. Saw that some of the holes werent attached to anything that actually fit. I think the term is called "brute force"

After seeing the pics of "Betsy Ruth?" I cant decide to either recover the old console. or build a new one.

After all its cardboard. Not to mention the under dash cardboard. All needs to be remade.

I'm open to all creative ideas and photos.

Luckily the center console is only held together with screws so it's easy to take it apart to recover. You can cut new sides from MDF or just recover your existing panels. It's a fairly easy job.

Here's a picture of mine that I just completed. I recovered everything to match the vinyl that I purchased at a fabric store.

I'm not that great at sewing, but much better than my wife ;)

post-1228-1366758695868_thumb.jpg

recovered them in vinyl from a local fabric store.

I also put some VDO gauges in the front panel so I used 3/4 birch plywood for the face.

Pictures are about 3/4 down in my blog

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,286338/

Centerconsolealmostfinished6.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

do a quick search.The was a recent thread about this and many people have posted pics of their homemade consoles. Good luck.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti