• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it bad....

FunElan

I would get one just to be on the safe side. Although Manhatten Beach is one of the safer cities. Earlier this year I had to chase away some dumbass kids that were throwing rocks at my 02. They put a few dings in the bodywork and chipped my windsheild. Bastards! Last year some crackhead broke into almost every car in the neighborhood, mine included. And into my sisters car twice! Then a couple of weeks ago, we checked that Megan's Law website and found over 50 sex offenders living in our surrounding area! One of them is my sister's ex-boyfriend's father! I think it's time to move.

David

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

I would get one just to be on the safe side. Although Manhatten Beach is one of the safer cities. Earlier this year I had to chase away some dumbass kids that were throwing rocks at my 02. They put a few dings in the bodywork and chipped my windsheild. Bastards! Last year some crackhead broke into almost every car in the neighborhood, mine included. And into my sisters car twice! Then a couple of weeks ago, we checked that Megan's Law website and found over 50 sex offenders living in our surrounding area! One of them is my sister's ex-boyfriend's father! I think it's time to move.

David

I guess a locking gas cap would have kept those kids with rocks away?

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

Locking gas caps were de rigeur in the first gas crisis of '73 when siphoning was commonplace. Even in those dark days I never had a problem, but I got a locking gas cap any way. Issues are a bit different today. These cars attract attention, and with the gas cap out there in the open, there is a risk both of pilfering as a souvenir and the invitation for mischief (sand, sugar etc etc). All to say, I have a locking gas cap again.

Hooked on 2002 since my first one bought new in 1972