• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pertronix Alternative

FL02

i saw on fleabay a pertronix electronic ignition alternative for $40 and wondered if anyone used one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electronic-Ignition-for-BMW-2000-2002-2002-Tii-320i_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33691QQihZ012QQitemZ220137677919QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQtcZphoto

they call it a Hot-Spark BOS4V1 electronic ignition conversion kit for four-cylinder Bosch distributors. ---might be a good cheaper alternative to points replacement

So I thought i'll check/change the points in my "new" project car and found one of those in the distributor. Spend another good while trying without success to find another box that should (I thought) be connected to it.

Don't honestly know much about it, the car will sit for a week or more and start right up in a nano second. This gizmo may not be the contributing factor, but it sure isn't hurting.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17