• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spikes on Floor Board

Joser

I have these little spikes on the front part of the floor board. They're by the tunnel and towards the front, what are they for? Can I cut them off, need to lay some B-Quiet.

Joser

73 Inka - Sold it

1991 Porsche C2 - Modified

2005 Gas Guzzling Yukon

On my 76, they were there to help hold down the cardboard, sound supressing cover over the transmission tunnel and on the inside of the firewall. I simply hammered them down, out of the way.

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

Nope the gas pedal prongs are there, it's probably what SG says they are, to hold down the card board suppression pieces. I'll just get rid of them.

Joser

73 Inka - Sold it

1991 Porsche C2 - Modified

2005 Gas Guzzling Yukon

Yeah, they're little 1/16" metal prongs, about 3/4" long, that stick up out of the floorboard. There's one on either side of the transmission tunnel.

They're for holding the cardboard "saddle" soundproofing over the trans tunnel. If you're not using them, grind 'em off.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Yeah, they're little 1/16" metal prongs, about 3/4" long, that stick up out of the floorboard. There's one on either side of the transmission tunnel.

They're for holding the cardboard "saddle" soundproofing over the trans tunnel. If you're not using them, grind 'em off.

maybe on later cars??? nothing like that on my 69 or 70

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com