• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Konig seat install

TTyMiller

I'm looking at how to put these in and while it may seem simple I'm a little confused.

Would I be correct in stating that I need to take the sliders off of the stock seats andput those on the Konig seats and then bolt the the seats to the new rails and to the floor screws.

I need to get these installed and away from my boys Jake 7 & Travis 10 before they actually believe those are their video gamming chairs.

• 9 years later...

Hi guys,

I am intentionally bumping this topic as I need similar advice (and no one responded to the other guy, sooo).

I have an E21. I know this is an '02 forum, but Bimmerforums sucks. Was wondering if anyone knows what the proper recipe is for bolting a set of Konig seats into an E21.

I removed these from a 2002 which appears to just have the square-shaped bracket bolted to the floor; assuming some combination of E21 sliders + bracket needs to commence, but not positive. 

Any guidance appreciated. 

Those square shaped brackets were often used to mount aftermarket seats in the '02.  Take out one of your e21 seats and see if the holes will line up with your seat mounts on the floor.  If not, just drill appropriate holes and bolt it on.  It is also possible that the Konig seats will mate with your sliders.  Finally, you could also get some OEM brackets for the e21 Sport Seats (Recaros) and they should fit to the Koenigs.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

12 hours ago, dlmrun2002 said:

You could try "Wedge Brackets" too. They have mucho brackets.

dlm ny country

Oh -- these guys were not on my radar. Much more affordable, too.

So how would these work, since they are not just the brackets - does this whole assembly bolt to the bottom of the seat? 

Looks much "neater" than removing the sliders off of my pristine stock seats and all of that other nonsense....