• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E21 recaros

PBP

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got a pair of recaros :) woo hoo... but they are ripped to bits.. Does anyone know were I can get them re-upholstered? Is there a ready made cover I can sew on?

Expect tp pay as much (and probably more) repairing them as you paid for them...paid around $400 is my bet (maybe less if they are really worn)....could easily cost that much to repair.

Keep in mind that a completley refurbished pair of E21 Recaros will run in the neighborhood of $1000 to $1200. Make sure the padding is in tact..re-padding will cost extra.

Good Luck,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

We sell a DIY recaro kit, complete with webbing, but no padding. Kits start at $399 in vinyl, and go up from there. Any colour, any pattern you want. We've sold dozens of them, all with very nice results and happy customers. We are a little backed up though, but if you can wait a bit(2-3 months right now) we'll get you a nice kit.

Al

he has a long history of non performance and absconding with peoples money...

[/url]

No I don't.

I have a long history(4 years this month in fact) of supplying the vintage BMW community with a quality product at a reasonable price. Yes, we had our problems last year, but they are behind us now, and we're well on our way back to the way we were for the first 3 years.

I lost a very key staff member unexpectedly, which left me on the hook to complete orders that I simply couldn't do by myself. I was also in the process of acquiring a second business at the time, and going through a divorce. Needless to say, a very dark time in my life both personally, and professionally. We have since replaced the missing staff member, added another part time staffer, and have another trimmer coming on board next month.

As stated, I am still not guaranteeing next day delivery on upholstery, but only because we're VERY busy, and simply don't have the shop space to hire even more people to fill all the new orders that come in. 2 months is about right to receive a set of DIY kits.

Al

I paid $36CDN for the pair.. Ill post some pics of the condition.. I think its worth repairing for that price.. the driver is pretty bad (cut foam) but the passenger is pretty much mint... I remember seeing seat covers made especially for recaros.. maybe im wrong

No I don't.

I have a long history(4 years this month in fact) of supplying the vintage BMW community with a quality product at a reasonable price. Yes, we had our problems last year, but they are behind us now, and we're well on our way back to the way we were for the first 3 years.

I lost a very key staff member unexpectedly, which left me on the hook to complete orders that I simply couldn't do by myself. I was also in the process of acquiring a second business at the time, and going through a divorce. Needless to say, a very dark time in my life both personally, and professionally. We have since replaced the missing staff member, added another part time staffer, and have another trimmer coming on board next month.

As stated, I am still not guaranteeing next day delivery on upholstery, but only because we're VERY busy, and simply don't have the shop space to hire even more people to fill all the new orders that come in. 2 months is about right to receive a set of DIY kits.

Al

yes, in fact you do, going back to the beginning of your sting operation...and outside of your regular business...need i recall blunt and cj?

as long as you send your crap COD or in advance of taking money from unknowing people, you might garner a better reputation...until then buyers and sellers beware

I paid $36CDN for the pair.. Ill post some pics of the condition.. I think its worth repairing for that price.. the driver is pretty bad (cut foam) but the passenger is pretty much mint... I remember seeing seat covers made especially for recaros.. maybe im wrong

Wow, great deal! CDN? Wherabouts are you? I'm in Vancouver if it helps. And you're not wrong, it's us who make the upholstery kits for the Recaros. We've sold dozens of them now.

Oh, and Esty, we do ship COD, as long as I know who the person is, or someone in this community can vouch for them, I have no problems with that. I will only do it on a special request though, and I do need a small deposit to cover my up front material costs. I have been burnt more than once by sending COD.

Al

I have been burnt more than once by sending COD.

Al

good to hear...everyone one should be aware of your COD policy then...

and...btw...just to clarify for those that don't know you....you've burn'd far far more paying customers than any other vendor in the "community"...

LINK Ordered nearly a year ago from Seamsperfect, and after 12 months of total frustration, Al sent me the wrong cover.

Chuck in NC

And the person who made, packed, and shipped that cover was fired. Also, for the record, I offered to hammer out the correct cover, and ship within a day or 2. Chuck declined. I apologised profusely to him, and did whatever I could to make it right.

Now Esty, why don't you dig up the positive comments from my happy customers? I've run Seams Perfect for 4 years this month, and have sold more than 300 2002 carpet sets, plus many more E9, and E21 sets. In 4 years I have NEVER had a return, until Chuck's cover.

Now drop it. If you're so concerned about this community(you're not, you're just a bored old woman), let me conduct my business without interuption, and give me a chance to get things right again.

Al

And the person who made, packed, and shipped that cover was fired. Also, for the record, I offered to hammer out the correct cover, and ship within a day or 2. Chuck declined. I apologised profusely to him, and did whatever I could to make it right.

Now Esty, why don't you dig up the positive comments from my happy customers? I've run Seams Perfect for 4 years this month, and have sold more than 300 2002 carpet sets, plus many more E9, and E21 sets. In 4 years I have NEVER had a return, until Chuck's cover.

Now drop it. If you're so concerned about this community(you're not, you're just a bored old woman), let me conduct my business without interuption, and give me a chance to get things right again.

Al

excuses...

i guess after a typical 6 month battle, i'd just want to cut my losses too...keep it off the board and i;'ll have no reason to remark....the 3rd law...

i hope you do turn things around...not for your sake but the sake of the people who will do business with you without knowing your past...good luck...

be careful doing business with 1600pilot, aka al canuck, aka al larson, dba seams perfect...he has a long history of non performance and absconding with peoples money...

I have to weigh in on this, since I recently ordered and received a carpet set from Al.

I did a search and found and read every post on seamsperfect. I saw many positives, and decided that doing business with Al was worth the risk that was articulated by a small number of unhappy customers.

Al answered all my question promptly before I place the order, shipped the product EARLIER than he committed to, and advised me of how long it was going to take to receive product after it was shipped. He was dead-on. He lived up to every commitment.

Based on MY experience, I wholeheartedly recommend him.

BTW, the carpet is beautiful (square weave charcoal), I'm not ready to install, but I'm looking forward to seeing it in my restored granada '02.

I can't comment on whether I could have received better VALUE from another suppliers, but I'm not pinching pennies, I was more concerned with quality than quick delivery. I am happy with what I got for what I paid.

To each his own, I'm just relaying my recent experience from last month.

Al, if you deal with all your customers the way you dealt with me, you'll have many many more happy customers.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

I have been burnt more than once by sending COD.

Al

good to hear...everyone one should be aware of your COD policy then...

and...btw...just to clarify for those that don't know you....you've burn'd far far more paying customers than any other vendor in the "community"...