• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone here added electric windows to an 02

73_02

Im no fan of electric windows. I prefer winders. But when I got my car the drivers side winder had slipping teeth and the passanger side winder didnt exist. there was a block of wood holding up the glass.

I used the winders from a ford mondeo (i think its been a few years). Its rather easy to retro fit a winder that uses the beed style mechanism. I mounted the wiler engine to the inside panel fo the door and attached the ford mondea winder attachment bar to the existing steel latch on the bottom of the BMW window (all very easy). I then used old BMW 5 series rear window switchs (they reverse the polarity of the current to control the electric motor). I then mouned these inthe centre column. I have yet to get little BMW badges to cover the winder holes in the door.

they work pretty well. A little slow because the BM window is heavier than the old mondeo rear door window. But its been reliable many year on and much much better than my previous position. However when the day cmoes I find window winders for a reasonable price (read f'ing cheap) ill go back to winders. not that the electrics are bad I just prefer winders.

post-598-1366757631768_thumb.jpg

post-598-1366757631886_thumb.jpg

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

post Mar 88 assembly E30s...they use a pantograph mechanism similar to those in an '02 and you may well be able to adapt 'em.

And the earlier E30s with power windows have a nice black plastic plug to cover the hole in the upholstery for the manual window cranks...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite