• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got my tii back today from Bill Holmes shop

Gordon

My 74 tii has been at Bill Holmes shop in San Diego (Ramona) for the past month. Bill has been going through my tii and sorting it out, I had some brake problems, and the tii was running like crap when I took it to him. Bill dialed my tii in and it's running awesome. Bill can dial in a tii better than anyone I know. I highly recommend Bill if you need your old school BMW worked on in the San Diego/So Cal area . Don't expect your car back in a couple of days if you take it to his shop. Expect to leave it at least for two weeks.

His shop is in the middle of nowhere, contact Bill at williamdholmes@yahoo.com for directions to his shop, trust me, you'll never find it the first time you go there.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

standard.jpg

Bill knows tii's AND turbos. His son AND wife are pretty knowledgeable too! I visited before the fire and purchased 2 wheels from him. There is a funny story that goes with that, but that is for another thread. Bill did much of the work on the Alpina and possibly drove it more than anybody else. He would be the only person in the world that I would allow to wrench on that car - regardless of cost or time.

Bill has modesty, down to earth, approachability (is there such word) and sense of humor that is such a delight. I always found that true deep knowledge makes you humble. Bill isn't for everybody though, especially if you are in a hurry.

FAQ Member # 91

You didn't even need to write anything. Your tag line said it all. "I got my tii back today from Bill Holmes".

Bill is a great guy. I met him back when I first had my 2002 in the early 80's and his shop was down at Mission Bay. I needed a some grill keeper J-screws that the dealer did not have. I show up and Bill just hands 'em to me along with the nuts and plastic buffers. I start to get my wallet out and he says, "Forget it. Just do someone else a favor sometime." I try to do that as often as I can Bill.

BTW: Ramona is NOT in the middle of nowhere...there are some GREAT roads back in that area. Driving and cycling.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes