• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone using Cibie CSR headlights?

gwb72tii

Good? Probably.

Expensive? Yes.

Will they get cracked just like any other headlight when you get stuck behind that gravel truck? Yep.

Sealed beams = poor to just OK light for a good price. You don't cry or curse your spiritual being if you have to replace one or two.

Halogen / H4s = good to best lighting for a palatable price. Still, it can be $100 (or more) for a set of lights. You will feel a twinge when you have to replace a couple. Not only from the cost, but having them look different from the other two lights on the car.

HID / Elipsoid/ any new technology(for cars) = probably better light, but at what price? Will the light output and pattern be all that better than a reasonably priced H1/H4 set up? Or are you paying for a new technology name that isn't true.

I hate to say it, but headlights are a consumable item. I can't justify super high cost for slightly better output. It had better be ~really~ good to justify the cost increase. Sorta like toilet paper for me. I don't buy the cheapest, and I don't buy the super 12 ply quilted by alpine elves in a hidden commune.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I've lost two H1s and an H4 in the past 16 months on our 5er. Ouch. BavAuto sells clear plastic covers for them, but I haven't explored it.

I did talk to an E9er with a set of CSRs on his car this past summer. Gawd, they were beautiful. He said he couldn't tell much difference between the CSR lows and regular H4s with the same wattage lamp, but the highs made a big difference from H1s.

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us