• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to get back in the drivers seat!!

beast02er

To make a long story short, its been over a year now since I have driven my 02. It started with my brakes hanging up and causing me problems. After chasing my tail with that, it sat at my parents house while I was in school until I had time to sort it out. In the meantime I had been building a Megasquirt ITB set-up and decided that while it sat I would instal it. Well it took a lot longer than planned due to the car being 80 miles from me, so work could only happen on the weekends which were usualy taken up from seeing my girlfriend who I only saw on the weekends, and then a 3 week europe trip. When I got to the point of almost being able to start it, I decided to go for the EDIS set-up from the start, at the same time the weather started turning bad and I couldn't work on the car at all..............

So here it is February, I haven't driven the car like I should be since probably last November (of 05'), I am spending the money to get a Uhaul truck and trailer and haul the car up to my place in Bellingham. I am renting a small house with a BIG garage, so I better take advantage of the garage and get the thing running by spring!!!!!!!!!!! (despite the cold!!)

So hopefully I can stay motivated through the frustrating process of gettting the car running, I have it all mostly installed. The fact that I haven't ZOOOMED around in a bit should be enough to get me to finish it up. I also have a new set of ITB's (both are from Suzuki's) that I will work on to be my next evolution, they have a better angle to the injectors that will shoot more at the valve head than the other one.

Hopefully i'll be back soooooon, I MISS THE GOOD OL 02!!!

Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

I know the feeling. I was living in japan when I went home to Tacoma on vacation and decided to do big brakes in front and discs in the rear. This started june 05. I went home again in march 06, and then july 06 when after difficulties of every kind I finally finished it. It was almost hearbreaking having her "broke" for that long. But I was sooooooo happy once I finally got it on the road again, so look forward to how great it will feel to drive again.

My '02s spend most of the year 320 miles north of me in my parents barn.

I spent over 20 days of vacation and more than 500 hours rebuilding my tii (still not done yet). This was after having someone else do the bodywork (too many hours to calculate).

So I completely understand the feeling.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

hang in there, you will get it done and really appreciate the car after. If we could only watch you, when it goes vroomm the first time! Seeing your gfriend and touring Europe are a great excuses not to work on your 2002, so long as you were thinking about it.

I just couldn't do it - I need my 02 dose everyday!

FAQ Member # 91