• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't know my car's history

Armond

My vin is 2762730. The seller told me the car was left in a tow yard. I hope to find the PO. I belive the previous owner lived in Lafayette Ca. Car was hit in the rear and seems to have a fresh paint job. It's original color is chamonix and it been painted light yellow. Is this possible or even legal to do? I think the PO's last name is Santiago.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Armond,

You can write Mobil Tradition in Germany for the origin/history of your vehicle. They tell you when she was built/born and imported to, probably Hoffman Motor in NYC. The rest of the history you make yourself through the preservation of your car. I think you are like me and will never sell so there is the history when you pass it on to one of your kids. The previous owners of the car history is a quairemire, meaning it's very hard to trace unless you go through DMV. Have a great day sir! Oh and yeah, my car was built on June 20, 1973, imported to Hoffman Motor in NYC on June 26, 1973 and trucked to a dealer in Santa Rosa from a Chinese fellow who lived in SF, go figure. He must have got a deal up there. One more thing, my damage looked way...worst than it is. No bondo brother, thank God! Peace.

The Road of Life Should Be Driven in a BMW2002!! Happy Trails!

I'm more interested on the current history. I'm familiar with Mobile tradition and have used them in the past. The Engine really runs strong and it seems like it has been rebuilt. I'm curious to know who did the rebuilt. Thanks bro. Have a great weekend.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Go to the DMV website section about getting dmv records, there is a form there INF 70 that you can submit and they will give you all of the public record stuff they can. I do not think they will give you names but you should be able to get # of owners, when, where etc.

Cheers

Justin

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)

Because it's #2762730, it's really close to my Orange Julius, #2762756.

In fact, according to one source, it's one of the first 1973 USA-spec cars built.

That said, there is a long standing question about which head is on the very early 1973 model tiis. Mine has the later style, but it is rumored that the first few 1973 models had the earlier head and plastic runners.

Of course this is a moot point if your engine number does not match your chassis number.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com