• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I get the wing window out????

albawhore

I am breaking my doors down for restoration and I cannot figure out how to get the wing window separated from the rest of the assembly.

TIA

Justin

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)

The frame is attached with a bolt down on the bottom of the track. Once it is out, there is a rivit that needs to be drilled out. The frame seperates and the window it self comes out. If I remember correctly. The bolt in the turning mech needs to be removed.

Vince

actually i think you can push down on the vent window to disengage the upper mount. i drilled the rivet like suggested but later learned about this push down method. can anyone confirm before he drills??

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Pull the door card, remove the lower wing window bolt that holds it to the wing window mechanism, open the wing window about 5* and push the wing window down to dis-engage the pin at the A pillar.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Thanks guy's. I knew drilling the rivet sounded like a bad idea, that is the first solution I came up with which generally means it is a bad idea.

Justin

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)