• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I get the accelerator pedal out? (nt)

albawhore

pry it off its two ball sockets that it pivots from at its base. then you can wrangle it off the lever at the top, or vice versa. no nuts, bolts etc involved if that's what you're worried about.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

If it's like the one in my 71 ,there is a slot in the mid-upper part of the pedal thatthe linkage slides into.At the bottom of the pedal there are 2 recesses that connect two two balls on the floor.Simply pull it backward till it pops off but don't forget to release the throttle linkage from the upper portion of the pedal first.Sorry I'm not more concise

you can put a little of your favorite goop to ease the install and I have also tapped lightly on the top of the pedal with a rubber mallet.

Make sure to renew the bushing on the linkage that slide on the back of the pedal. Mike Self suggests applying a piece of carpentars "slick tape" to the rear of the pedal to make things "slickier"

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5