• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMWs Restored tii in Motor Trend Classic Magazine

GregT2002

It is said to be a 72, but I see 73 bumper over riders, and alloy intake runners. I also noticed in one of the photos a square light being cut up. Can this be a 74+ shell on the "72 tii"? Just being picky...

Jon-
1971 2002 Malaga- In the family since Dad bought it new
2003 530i- Daily beater
2007 R1200 GS Adventure- After work therapy 

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I just read the article too and was surprised by two glaring errors. They say the total production of 2002's was something like 800,000...way too many. And they list the weight at 3000 lbs...way too much. The car did start life as a square light, until they cut the back off and made it a round light for purity's sake.

Benzo '71 verona

Well, I guess I'll let 'em slide this time since the writer was trying to illustrate how succesful the entire series was. Being a huge 2002 fan, though, I think I could have written that article a lot better myself, and taken the same pictures since I live right next to where those photos were taken...Carmel Valley. Also, I was disappointed that this website was not mentioned, as it rightly should have been. That being said, MT Classic is still a pleasure to peruse.