• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with 2002 AD?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I placed an order for a sunroof cable and a horn over a month ago. They keep telling me that the sunroof cable is on back order. It's a little anoying when I know I can probably walk into a dealer and get one. Are they usually slow shipping things out?

-Chris

76 sienabrun

very slow...still waiting for an exhaust bracket I ordered back in early august. Called a couple of times with the response: "waiting for parts from germany" then after another 4 weeks: "germany sent the wrong bushings". I'm not holding my breath.

But it did take them only 2 months to send some repro interior under dash panels.

So, yes...sllooooooowwwww.

From my experience…

This is what their web site says:

CLICK HERE FOR CLASSIC BMW PARTS ONLINE SHOPPING - Our extensive inventory of classic BMW parts for your BMW 2002, Bavaria, CS, 320i, and other models is second to none.

Then they have a handy parts site with photos, descriptions, prices and order buttons. I filled up my cart, placed my order, closed the transaction, all along under the impression that I was ordering from their store inventory. I ordered over a dozen items, most of it was not in stock (unknown to me). After I finally got through to them, they told me that they were holding my entire order until the last item arrived from backorder. This was months and months after I placed my order. It’s a good thing I walk to work.

I think that a lot of customer aggravation would be avoided if the AD web site includes the following disclaimer with their online shopping link, “Some items shown are out of stock and will be placed on backorder without notice to purchaser. If you want it fast, buy somewhere else.”

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

Sorry to hear you had the exact same experience as I did. I scratched them out of my list of suppliers all together. Too much aggravation.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

ditto that.

2002AD took somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 months to finally get me my parts I ordered. I think I sppent about $900 in total - nothing extravagent compared to some people's restorations, but a crap ton of cash to me.

After a series of aggrivated phone calls, back-and-forth emails and the like, the finally called me and confessed they forgot what I ordered. They also had NO RECORD OF ME PAYING FOR ANY OF IT!

Never again, thank you very much.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

I wanted to get all the nuts, bolts, clips and assorted thingies for installing the front and rear early bumpers on my '02.

After I called all the known suppliers in the US (and being told that they didn't have all the parts needed), I decided to order from Jaymic, since they sell it as a kit on their site. I received everything packed in two bags, one for the front and another for the rear bumper, plus some additional items I ordered in about a week. Keep in mind that this went from the UK to the US mainland and then came to Puerto Rico.

Definitely a class act.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Took me two and a half months to get a package once. The first time I ordered from them, I wanted to buy a center console and after waiting six weeks, I finally emailed them to ask what the deal was. They said the same as you - out of stock but didn't bother telling me until I asked them.

So, I tried them again as I found they have some of the best prices. Waited two months before I actually gave up on them again and couldn't be bothered emailing again to ask where my stuff was. Then one day, I had a package in the mail and not knowing what it could be, I opened it and it was my stuff!!! I guess it's patiences with them, the only thing is, I forgot to order a fuse box cover with the last order and I'm not really in the mood to wait that long again!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg