• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73tii Turn Signal Switch

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Please assist with my dilemma...Where does the protruding wire (green w/ white stripe) the only one with the flat female end connect to? The photos of the one on my car is the wire directly in the middle (see black extension, actually off-green wire with black covering). The original owner extended it for some reason and never connected it. I have spent numerous hours under the dash with a flash light and mirror--nothing! My turn signals so far work fine, only minor bulb problems. Just curious of where it goes and its purpose. Thanks!

Cram

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

Sorry, the system is not allowing me to post my photos; it's something about them not coming from public site, bummer.[/img]

your image host may be blocking non local links via mod_rewrite or similar. You can register here and upload images if you like. go to the front page

http://www.bmw2002faq.com

and choose No account yet? Create One

or follow this link

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=0&page=profile&mode=register

I feel your pain. My PO had a lot of various wires hanging down that i am still to this day not sure of what they do or did!

anyway, if you become a member here you can upload the pics and let everyone take a look at what you're talking about.

best of luck

-zachary

Guest Anonymous

Paul, Sorry about the no pics....I didn't realize I had to join in order to post pics. Anyhow, thank you for the info. I will search the back of the ignition switch area for an open slot for the wire. The original owner extended the wire, I'm wondering why? Thanks again.

Cram

OK...took a glance on mine. Looking at the back of the ignition switch...it's the upper most one on the right side (1 o'clock position). According to the wiring diagram it should have a "P" labeled on the back of the switch. I didn't pull mine off so I can't verify it. Not sure what you got plugged into the back of your ignition switch. Who knows though...maybe the PO of "my" car wired theirs wrong. HA!! ;-)

Paul in Atlanta

'73 2002/Polaris

You can trace the wire plugged into it. Maybe the PO added something??!! You right...it's probably not a big deal. My guess is that the wire operates the "parked" light function of the turn signal. That's just a guess though. With the ignition off...and the turn signal on...the light doesn't blink...it just lights up that side. It's a "Euro" thang. ;-)

L8R!

Paul in Atlanta

'73 2002/Polaris