• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tach lights

GeorgeW

I just replaced all of the lights in my dash and all of the lights work except for the two located in the tach. The tach, speedo, fuel and temp guages all work without a problem. The wiring from the back of the temp guage to the tach looks fine. Any help in trouble shooting this would be greatly appreciated.

1. Swap bulbs...I've seen new bulbs not work...

2. swap sockets (bulb holders)--often the problem is a bad ground as the ground and + terminals on the sockets are itty bitty spring wires. If they're bent they won't make contact

3. Use a voltmeter to insure the bulb socket is actually getting 12 volts. If it's not, the problem is most likely in the circuit board or one of the connecting wires.

Problems as you describe aren't real common (02 circuit boards are pretty sturdy, unlike newer cars) so it's probably something fairly simple.

Good luck

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite