• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

info on my 76 02

parker2002

thank you for all your responses. The man I am buying the car from has been in the process of restoring the car for the past 10 years, but has lost interest. He has already upgraded to the poly- urethane bushings and has many replacement parts that go with the car. the biggest problem area is with the rocker panels he has some new ones to replace them. Any advice on how to install them? I have never had a project car before and am looking forward to getting in there and getting my hands dirty. I imagine it will require some welding. I need to learn how to weld. I attached a picture of the car I am considering, let me know what you think

post-2326-13667571223813_thumb.jpg

hey, im steve's brother, i know how to weld and have been doing it for years now and used to do it for a job so i think i can help him with the welding aspect of it. this car is over in lakeport/laconia area, so you probably have seen it. I have built a few other cars in the past (vw's) and this will be my first time with a bmw, anything i need to look out for? my current project is a audi 90 quattro with a 10vt motor im putting it in, rebuilt/PP Head, arp bolts etc....i'll be going standalone engine management, megasquirt n spark-e

1989 Audi 90 turbo

1988 Audi 5000 CSQTA

hey, im steve's brother, i know how to weld and have been doing it for years now and used to do it for a job so i think i can help him with the welding aspect of it. this car is over in lakeport/laconia area, so you probably have seen it. I have built a few other cars in the past (vw's) and this will be my first time with a bmw, anything i need to look out for? my current project is a audi 90 quattro with a 10vt motor im putting it in, rebuilt/PP Head, arp bolts etc....i'll be going standalone engine management, megasquirt n spark-e

I know that 02 and the guy who owns it...I looked at another 2002 he was selling in the past. He has had that '76 for years and I believe it has a host of upgrades in it..like lowering springs, koni shocks, ansa exhaust, etc...It's a good find because of those parts. I don't know the condition of the body though...I saw that car probably six or seven years ago, and then it looked okay...but if there is rocker rust now, there is probably rust elsewhere. Jack the car up and check the floors and front subframe rails...use a screw driver to poke around some because the rust hides. Pull the back seat out and check the rear shock towers and the floor beneath the seat for rust. Check the shock towers on the trunk side for rust....check the trunk floor around the gas tank and spare tire well too. Also, look under the dash at the fire wall. If you see any rust..surface or otherwise, there may be bigger issues ahead. Also, look in the front wheel wells back at the fire wall/lower a-pillar for any rust. Those are the structual hidden areas the 02 rusts in. Obviously the rockers and the body itself rusts and those places are more obvious. Remember rust is a bitch to fix...it's expensive and takes skill to fix properly. If you don't have those two requirements, walk away from the car...remember there are others out there that are better...and..probably around the same price.....These are not Audis either....Audis are better built, have galvanized sheet metal, have stronger chassis, and do not rust structurally...so you're dealling with a whole different thing here.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT