• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318i head on 2002 block - which head gasket??

PSloan

I'm going to be running a 318i head on a 2002 block. Which gasket do i use? Are the gaskets head specific or block specific? I'm assuming head specific - but I want to be sure. anyone have and experience with the compound gasket from ireland? I know some have had sealing issues with this gasket - anyone else? Also, 318i cams (1985) have the same lift and duration as 2002 cams right?

thanks in advance

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

yeah, I plan on a turbo, but low boost, no more than 9psi, and no lower than 8:1 ratio, I have 9.5:1 now, was goign to run a thick head gasket.

I want a safe daily with good off idle performance, not a 350hp street rod

I may have to get a 318i head and have it worked over

74 2002, 95 M3, 01 X5

What kind of horse does that beast get? I'm planning on 12-15 lbs of boost. 30??? thats nuts!!!

it is nuts. this is the guy putting 359 to the wheels. he went to an M5 meet a week ago and smoked all the e39M5's. they were looking at his car at first and kind of chuckling. its very stock looking running stock basketweaves and nothing fancy. they wernt laughing later though.

i believe he puts 321 to the wheels with just the turbo and 359 with nitrous. hes also blown as many head gaskets as biscus has had boyfriends but hes got it tuned now so it stays together

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Oooooooo, Man dats Cold!!!

At least she has not hooked up with K-Fed

im sorry, you seem to be confused. biscus is my dog and a whore.

its unfortunate there is a board member with a name close to that of my dog but i can see how you would easily be confused

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Thats funny. i need to pick that guys mind! Know any more specs? Fuel management? intake?

email him and tell him you know blunt

panayiotisx2 at aol dot com

his name is otis and hes very knowledgable and willing to help. a really nice guy

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

hey mister sloan

I will be embarking on a turbo project when the winter arrives here in NZ. Please pool all the information you gather because ill be in your boat at some point and ill want to pick brains.

and im sure I wont be the last

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"