• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii Alternator Upgrade Question

Tiger75

The Alt upgrade was well worth every penny for me. Headlights are continuously brighter, the entire lighting system on every aspect of the vehicle does not glow anymore everytime I step on the throttle, nor do they dim when on idle. And the battery did not have to be moved to the trunk.

74tii, 5 Spd, BBK, 320 Rad, Eibach.

Which weekend is Mardi Gras next Feb?

Assuming you have your Krewe again, it may be the Touring's last outing before it gets taken apart.

Got to plan as I may be Chinaman again.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Bought the Alt kit from Top End Performance. www.racetep.com. It's 65-70 amps from a 320i........the key to their kit is the steel bracket that it comes with, I think it was double the length of the old bracket. No more bushings to replace cuz the new alt does not require it....and the alternator has an internal regulator. So there will be some minor electrical wiring adjustment to be done. The lighting system no longer flutuates, (dim on idle, brightens when you accelerate). You get constant brightness.

74tii, 5 Spd, BBK, 320 Rad, Eibach.