• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 turbo´s

Kristjansson

Turbos that came originally from the factory with the close ratio 5 speeds are pretty rare.Some Turbo owners have installed 5 speeds,but they are not close ratio 5 speeds.Others have installed the close ratio boxes later on,so to find one that came from the factory with one is indeed very rare.The close ratio 5 speed and 13/6 Mahle Wheels are 2 of the most sought after factory options for the Turbo.You can EMail Mobile Tradition with your Vin # and a guy named Andreas will respond with some info on your Turbo,such as Build date,where it was sold originally ect.You can also purchase a Certificate that will tell you everything about your Turbo such as Color,options ect.What is your Vin #?Your Turbo looks pretty darn nice!!.Could you post some more photos of interior and motor?You are one lucky young man to have access to such a nice Turbo

1974 3.5 CSI {Possibly last car to come to the US}/ Jade Green/ Saddle Leather /Cover Car 1992 Roundel Magazine Numerous Awards/ Owned 35 Years

1973 TII  Matching #,s  Verona Red/Black

Here is a couple of photos of my freinds restored Turbo and mine which is unrestored.Also I thought I would include a photo of my Coupe @ Bimmerfest

post-1684-13667570242609_thumb.jpg

post-1684-1366757024424_thumb.jpg

post-1684-13667570245851_thumb.jpg

1974 3.5 CSI {Possibly last car to come to the US}/ Jade Green/ Saddle Leather /Cover Car 1992 Roundel Magazine Numerous Awards/ Owned 35 Years

more pictures yes :)

BMWkraftur+35.jpg

this is the only picture i found of the interior... ill take a new one next time i go down to the garage (no way we run him over winter time :)

he still has the original rear seats

and we own the original stuff still if we want to sell him some day and the guy wants him "original"

BMWkraftur+31.jpg

engine

BMWkraftur+32.jpg

as you can see on this photo, this winters job is to fix all the paintjob on the front and a couple of engine fixes

its number 1493

regards

Kristján Einar

Here is a couple of photos of my freinds restored Turbo and mine which is unrestored.Also I thought I would include a photo of my Coupe @ Bimmerfest

Your mates on the left? He forgot to paint the nose out black so you dont see all the stuff through the grilles at the front ;-) Both cars look AWESOME! A reall credit to you both and you are the envy of most blue blooded 2002 owners.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Kristjan

When you go to repair the front end,I thought I would let you know that there should be no fender seam on the top where the fender meets the front panel.There is only a seam on the bottom portion where the fender meets the front panel.Does your Grandpa have the original Factory sport seats?Looks like a pretty solid Turbo.I am not trying to pick it apart but let you know the things I have learned since I purchased mine.

Mike

Kristjan

When you go to repair the front end,I thought I would let you know that there should be no fender seam on the top where the fender meets the front panel.There is only a seam on the bottom portion where the fender meets the front panel.Does your Grandpa have the original Factory sport seats?Looks like a pretty solid Turbo.I am not trying to pick it apart but let you know the things I have learned since I purchased mine.

Mike

can you be more specific on this mike? about the fender front panel..

this will make you go nuts

my father had a 325hp 2002 turbo, got ramed from the back in the race and into a concrete wall... totally demolished :$

Look at the pictures of the 2 turbos side by side and you will notice the one on the left has seams at the top by the turn signals.This is not correct.Then look at the one on the right,there are no seams.I will post another picture of what I am talking about.Its strange,because in the rear it has seams at the top and bottom where the fender meets the rear panel

Mike

Kristjan

Here are a couple of shots of what the front end should look like.Note,no seams above outer edge of headlight and there are seams below outer edge of headlight where the fender meets the front panel

post-1684-13667570270483_thumb.jpg

post-1684-13667570272175_thumb.jpg

Check these links out that Juan posted about building a 2002 tii from spare parts.It shows them filling up this seam on front fender.There are 3 seperate videos on this car that Mobile Tradition built

http://www.wesat-tv.de/mm/BMW2002tii-2.wmv

Guest Anonymous

Hello,

Nice to know that there's at least one Turbo in Iceland.

I try to run a Turbo census, I have 125 survivors worldwide on my list.

I guess the real number should be around 400 left.

By the way, I am interested by any Turbo VIN, any imput very welcome.

I understand that yours is #1493. The closest I have on my list is

#1480 (in France), next is #1515 (USA).

The Turbo's value is increasing, but still possible to found some sound

ones for around 20K Euros.

As far as I know, not a single Turbo was ever delivered new in Iceland, any idea of the original country of yours?

Any info welcome: stock340@gmail.com

Best regards from Geneva

Swiss02

Bmw 2000 Tii Touring Sportpaket, inka.

Bmw 2002 Turbo, Polaris. #1171.

Bmw 745i Turbo, Arktisblau.

Bmw 3.3Li, Arktisblau. #0002.

Bmw 3.0S, Resada.

P1070049.JPG

• 4 weeks later...