• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pinepig, please call asap

BLUNT

Blunt,

ETK lists the part numbers for the E30 rear subframes;

M3= 33 31 2 225 593

325ix= 33 31 1 135 456

325i= 33 31 1 135 546 (almost all other E30 models)

My understanding is that the only difference in these subframes is the trailng arm pick up points to adjust the geometry of the trailing arm for the different factory ride heights (the M3 being the lowest).All E30's (well most for sure) use the exact same trailing arm. So geometry changes had to come from somewhere else. Yes this is fixable with adjustable camber/toe kits... on an e30.

Since I am putting this under an 02 that I plan on lowering a pretty good amount, I wanted to start off with the M3 subframe. I will also be installing a full adjustable camber/ toe kit, but I don't want to put all that time into making a subframe fit and then find out that I haven't got enough adjustment to align the rear end and have to start over.

A regular E30 subframe might work, but using the M3 will put the center point of the adjustment better situated for a lower stance providing a better range around the area that I expect to end up.

The front struts that is a whole 'nother story. I'm not 100% sure what I am going to use upfront.

Dave K

63 R50/2

67 2000CS

70 1602-Sahara

73 02 auto-Fjord

73 02 Tii- Taiga

73 02-parts car

75 02-Megasquirted daily driver

84 Euro E28 528iSE