• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of '98 Integra seats installed

Redtail

Parts093.jpg

Parts090.jpg

These seats actually went in quite easily. I didn't have to drill holes in the BMW at all - I only had to drill 4 holes in the rails for the Integra seats, then I mounted them to the stock locations with the properly sized bolt.

here are the rear mountings of the passenger seat (yes i know my carpet is crusty)

Parts101.jpg

The passenger seat slides forward for more rear seat access:

Parts102.jpg

Overall I feel this was a quality upgrade well worth the time and money. I picked this pair of seats up for $50, and with $5 of hardware and a few hours labor they're in. Not as pretty or period correct as Recaro's, but dirt cheap and easy.

The only bad comment I will make is that they just seem a bit out of place. Maybe just because of the color being so light compared to the rest of the interior.

Now, on the positive side- They look WAY more comfortable and supportive than my well worn stock vinyl seats. The install looks very well done, too. For the price and ease of installation, how can you beat that deal?!!!!! GOOD JOB!

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

The only bad comment I will make is that they just seem a bit out of place. Maybe just because of the color being so light compared to the rest of the interior.

I agree 100%. I waited around for quite a while to find a set of tan seats for the right price. Turns out the tan cloth is much lighter than everything else in the BMW, however i believe the tan leather is a shade darker (but harder to find). I also don't care for the look of modern seats in a classic car.

that said, holy damn they are comfortable and supportive. They really changed the feel of the car - and for $50 and no holes in the BMW, i'll run them for a while and switch back to stock whenever I feel like it. Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Hey those look good, looks like you did it right. 2 questions, Did they seem heavier or lighter or about the same weight as the original seats ? & is it cloth covering all over, or is it part leather/ part cloth ?

Thanks !

2002 owner since 1980

I'm glad. I didn't want to sound too harsh in my comment about the look, as the install does look very nice. I liken it to a car with primer. Some people see a gray car, I see a blank canvas.

I think SEM has some spray on upholstery dye. Or you could have a shop dye them. Of course, I be careful about wearing white pants on a hot day, just incase the dye wants to bleed.

If it were me, I would just use one of my old 2002 FEST WEST t-shirts as a seat cover. OH wait, I already have those on my trashed M3 seats. :^)

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

2 questions, Did they seem heavier or lighter or about the same weight as the original seats ? & is it cloth covering all over, or is it part leather/ part cloth ?

1. The Integra seats seem about %25 lighter than stock BMW seats. I'd say 30 v.s. 40 pounds per seat, or at least in that ballpark.

2. These particular seats are all cloth on the front, though the back of the seat is covered in vinyl. The leather seats are 100% covered in leather.

Nice job! They look a lot more comfortable then my worn seats. You get them from a pick 'n pull?

'75 2002 - Weber 32/36, Stahl header, 14" E30 BBS wheels, E30 M3 starter, and lots of rust.

Future mods: M20 swap, IE coilovers, BBK, and some rust repair

FWIW...I have an Acura Integra electric fan in front of my radiator.

This was installed before I solved my temp. guage bouncing/high reading problem. I was nervous about the temp readings.

Here's the fix again:

Green ground wires on the 2 nuts mated with the other ground wires...attached to firewall...then onto engine block.

02clusterback.jpg

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3