• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If it weren't for the last minute...

So I'm packing the Tii before heading to Ofest, and the car dies, dead battery. I found a broken ground wire so I removed the alternator, found the bushings to be mush, went to find the ones I know I have somewhere, but can't, so I make a set from braided hose like in the old days, replace the ground, and now I have a functioning "L" lamp telling me it still isn't charging, but replacing the regulator restores my 13 volts, so I drove it to work to air the tires. About halfway here, the left caliper starts hanging up, so I spent lunchtime freeing it as good as I could, and I can't wait to see what breaks on the way home

Or...you can just drive an appliance Toyota and have no worries.

Then again, doesn't it feel better to be 'alive'? That certain risk taking attitude of not being 100% sure if your 30-plus year old car is up to the task at hand.

Besides, you drive an 02. You have enough parts in the trunk to repair your car, your buddy's car and two more cars that you find stranded by the roadside.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes