• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

solex pph40 airfilter recomendation?

jetboy

So, now that I have the carbs on, I need some sort of air filter!

Of course I'd love to get a ti set up if some one has one laying about, but since thats probably a long term search, what should I use in the meantime?

I know its cosher amoung alfa romeo types to just strap some oiled wire mesh over the intakes and call it good.. is that actually ok or am I asking for destruction??

this car gets driven on the streets of SF/oakland for the most part.

'70 project

i can't seem to find it on ebay- maybe its gone already!

I can't afford ebay prices usually anyway--

thanks for the tip tho, if you see another one anywhere..

but thats really off topic, i need to post in parts -

good advice on the stacks, I will probably keep them on. to tell you the truth I am leaning toward the alfa method of just mesh with oil. its not that dusty around here.. and man does it sound cool.

just wondering if I am goign to ruin my carbs doign that.

'70 project

So, now that I have the carbs on, I need some sort of air filter!

Of course I'd love to get a ti set up if some one has one laying about, but since thats probably a long term search, what should I use in the meantime?

I know its cosher amoung alfa romeo types to just strap some oiled wire mesh over the intakes and call it good.. is that actually ok or am I asking for destruction??

this car gets driven on the streets of SF/oakland for the most part.

Here's my setup. I have the original velocity stacks with Uni filters.

Uni seems to be the way, I am watching the german ebay, a REALLY nice arbox is up , but still has 3 days so i am waiting to see how it goes. I guess anything under 200 dollars is a decent enough deal--

I still have some work to do on my set up, here is what she looks like currently--

post-516-13667563095408_thumb.jpg

'70 project

Guest Anonymous

Have the same setup but don't have the linkage and have not put them on because of this. What did you use for linkage? TIA Scott '71 2002

the guy who sold me the carbs made that linkage himself- (the linkage between the carbs is original, but the throttle linkage is custum)

its not actually all conntected yet, just laying where its supposed to go. I coudl take it off and get you some close ups if you want.

'70 project

pics: the distance between the (furthest edge) of each lever is 9-3/8"

it fits just where you see in the pic above, attached by the same bolts that hold the intake manifold to the head. then you have to go buy a generic throttle cable and attach it-- something ive yet to do!

hopefully i can get to it tomorrow.. but ive been working on my 71 bus project trying to get it ready to sell, so ive been slow to get the 02 running--- need the money from the van!

post-516-1366756314048_thumb.jpg

post-516-13667563142277_thumb.jpg

post-516-13667563144375_thumb.jpg

'70 project