• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drove the 02 to work today for the 1st time in 3 years.

rho

After installing ANOTHER used motor yesterday by myself.... all went well and drove the car to work 23 miles one way. (still @work)

After my real motor is finished being rebuilt I'll have to swap motors yet again.. but I'll probably wait awhile, need to drive this thing and stop working on it :)

Anyways.. .Question, what tire size fits w/o rubbing using 325is 14inch basketweave wheels? I currently have 195/60 and they RUB during most spirited turns.

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i

IS the rub on the fender lip or inside? If it's inside and you want the fatter tire, get some spacers and longer studs/bolts.

I run 185/60-14 Yokohama ES100's and find them to be plenty of tire for my mildly mod'd 02.

I think the 185/65 size is actually a bit closer to the stock tire circumfrence.

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

IS the rub on the fender lip or inside? If it's inside and you want the fatter tire, get some spacers and longer studs/bolts.

I run 185/60-14 Yokohama ES100's and find them to be plenty of tire for my mildly mod'd 02.

I think the 185/65 size is actually a bit closer to the stock tire circumfrence.

the rubbing is on the the inside fore/aft of the tire, not on the outside...

I'll try the 185/60's .... thx!

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i