• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help putting weber back together

Happy Face

I'm in the final stages of reassembling my Weber 32/36 after putting in new jets, etc.

When I was cleaning the carb a few little black o-rings came off. In the rebuild kit two are supplied. The thing is, I have no idea where these go. Anyone familiar with these?

thanks

dave

OringQuestion.jpg[/img]

1972 2002
Verona Red "Happy Face"
VIN 2581641

1999 M Roadster Alpine White, 1999 M Coupe Alpine White

I guess what threw me here is the carb has for the primary, a large idle screw and for the secondary a thin idle screw. Both had light green gaskets (perhaps they are o-rings) in there now. There is no way one of those little black o-rings would have fit over the thick, primary idle screw. Also, when I took the carb apart, there were a few of these old black o-rings that came off and I didn't note where they had come from. That's why I thought they weren't associated with the idle screws.

no matter, the carb is back together now and on the car. I started her up just now and she is running much better. I still need to adjust the choke, and the mixture.... still more to learn

1972 2002
Verona Red "Happy Face"
VIN 2581641

1999 M Roadster Alpine White, 1999 M Coupe Alpine White