• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quarterlight question

albertamac

Has anyone ever successfully replaced one of their front quarterlights without taking all the glass out?

The tab on the base of #3 in the attached photo has broken off of mine, just wanted to see if I should start looking for the whole track and quaterlight frame, or if I will be able to jimmie another one in there without breaking the tab off again. I'm hoping I can just slide another #9 and #3 plus the glass in there and be done with it.

Not sure why it broke, just fell into my wife's lap when she was on her way to work one day.

Thanks

Mac

26.gif

whew, thought I'd never get that pic up...

Open the quarterlight and then remove door panel to get access to remove the hex bolt holding the "tab" to the mechanism. You should be able to jiggle the window up and off the pivot. Fitting the new window is reverse procedure. #3 is the window seal and will remain in place.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17