• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much HP gain and acceleration would i get with...

TTyMiller

Guest Anonymous

some would argue but you will probably *FEEL* like you've gained 10hp because of the rumble & increased noise. You may see slight gains but if you stick with a 32/36 on a stock motor and open up the back end too much you'll lose low end power and gain noise.

depending on your car's purpose and the condition of the motor grab a tii manifold. some say it's = a stock header. headers leak, crack & rust too

Guest Anonymous

AND A WHOLE LOT MORE than a stock motor with 3236 & bolt on header.

i have no idea what 0-60 or 1/4 mile times are for 2002s but if you're looking for accelleration you need displacement which an exhaust will not provide

Have you ever thought of fogging the intake with NOS. Sort of a bolt on HP mod. I'd be curious to see what it would do w/ a weber 32/36. NOS is supposed to be good for 50 to 60 HP, and there should be webber plate adaptors. I was watching some NHRA and they were matching a prostock NOS based racer against one with a blower. The NOS car got off the line better but as the super charger started to sping the car with the blower won the race in the end. Has anyone used Nitrous (NOS) on an otherwise stock 2002.

AND A WHOLE LOT MORE than a stock motor with 3236 & bolt on header.

i have no idea what 0-60 or 1/4 mile times are for 2002s but if you're looking for accelleration you need displacement which an exhaust will not provide

I think my E30M3 does 0-60 in well under 8 seconds.... and if the S14 was in a 02... all I can say is it would be faster.

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i

I'm not much for drag racing, but I did take an old codger in an SLK350 down a notch in a 0-60 (from a roll) stoplight drag in our M2. That Merc is supposed to do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. Lots to be said for light weight, a 4.10:1 rear end and smaller diameter tires than the M3.

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

Guest Anonymous

the topic quickly turned into how fast certain cars are with engine swaps or engine mods. I think it's fair to say that you will not see the gains you are looking for by bolting on a performance exhaust system.

Performance exhaust systems allow air to flow more easily. In order to see the benefits of a perf. exh. system you need more air.

Think of the diameter of the 32/36, BTW it's 32 & 36mm's. Now think of the diameter of the 4 exhaust ports/mainfold/header pipes. Your biggest point of restriction is going to be you're 32/36.

Look for other ways to gain power before spending $1000 on a complete exhaust system.