• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Polaris - TMK-001's 1973 squarie rebuild.

Guest Anonymous

Well not much more to report except that it has blown out for another 2 weeks at least at the paint shop.

I did however get bored and put together a photoshop of what I hope it looks like.

2002ps1.jpg

Just need the wheels! Maybe cahsel.de will return my email sometime in the next year with a price!?!

Todd

Thats going to look so nice. those wheels are like 380 euros a piece at cahsel.

i tried buying 20 sets of italian turn signals from them but pricing was prohibitive, even in lots of 20

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn, looks like I will have to hunt around for miracle find of a set of 15" Alpina rims... thought I might be able to find them slightly cheaper than that! Does that include the centre caps and bolts?

Walloth Nesch is another 115 euros for all that stuff... you would be looking at about USD2200 by the time they landed here! Thats $550 a wheel.

You cant find a manufacturer to produce replica Italian turn signals? What price do they put on them? Are the cahsel ones replicas as well?

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Damn, looks like I will have to hunt around for miracle find of a set of 15" Alpina rims... thought I might be able to find them slightly cheaper than that! Does that include the centre caps and bolts?

Walloth Nesch is another 115 euros for all that stuff... you would be looking at about USD2200 by the time they landed here! Thats $550 a wheel.

You cant find a manufacturer to produce replica Italian turn signals? What price do they put on them? Are the cahsel ones replicas as well?

Todd

Are they replicas?? im so naive i never even thought of that. i do know cahsel wanted 220 euro a set in large numbers plus shipping to the usa.

i bought a set about 6 months ago off ebay that were brand new. when i got them they looked like shit and i wouldnt use them on my car. they were new but the amber stuff was sprayed on and the line that separated the clear from the amber wasnt distinct and had overspray on them. is that normal or is that some idiot churning these out in his basement?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Well, I have just got back from the body shop after a day of stripping, chopping, scraping, banging, cleaning etc...

I have some pics, will write an update a bit later...

Sorry bout the camera phone shots.

Todd

Image_135_.jpg

Brand new doors - here is the drivers side...

Image_136_.jpg

Brand new bonnet - hood

Image_132_.jpg

Chopped off front section - was damaged, new replacment sitting in front out of shot... (The pic I had was too big to upload -will put it on later...)

Image_129_.jpg

Stripped rear, couldnt get the badge off or the rear strip - let the pros do it and if they bend it, they repair it :-P

Image_133_.jpg

This is the rust in the front guard (Wing) right in the front of the indicator... easily repaired!

Image_130_.jpg

Side of the car, lower trims removed, upper to be done by the pros as I want to use them again...

Image_127_.jpg

The close up is of the small amount of rust in the rh front "wing" :-P Will explain later... that is all I found that is serious after all the work we did today, so I was pretty happy! A fair bit of surface rust, but nothing a wire brush wont solve!

Enjoy as much as I have today! :-D

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

At this stage I am not 100% sure - I would say about 2 weeks off being finished at the painters on the external side of things...

I will then head down the following weekend and use his hoist and equipment to clean all of te underside of the car and paint it all a nice uniformed black.

I am also contemplating removing the rear end and getting everything tidied up, powder coated - dad has an account at the local powder coater over here (I'm in Mt Gambier now) so it is CHEAP :-P

Then maybe replace the bushes with OEM with a urethane sbuframe mount - I think I read that was the way to go!

The wheels will be picked up this week I hope - I dont think James has the other 3 back yet... then I will get them referbished and find tyres - I have a mate with tyres that I hope will fit that he got on the cheap - Bridgestone Potenza S-02s or something fancy.

The trim, well thats just getting further away... If I can find black door panels, if not, I might just get teh current ones rebuilt like my2002tii.com did... between him & blunt as my inspiration it is all getting out of control!!

All time and money!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Sounds good. There was a set of fronts and rears on ebay recently...here are the rears.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BMW-2002-REAR-DOOR-PANELS_W0QQitemZ4619981307QQcategoryZ102322QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He has lots of other parts as well and the fronts might not have sold. I will email you the sellers number if you like. I just went over and picked up: boot floors, VDO clock, leather shift boot, console piece where the boot goes in, temp/fuel gauge, some blue pretty crappy door skins for $18. :-D

The seller is a top bloke and just bought a 3.0csi. He has a parts car doesnt have too much left but as it is a roundie i was going to tell Shaun about it as he might need some roundie stuff.

Anyway, talk to him about the black fronts as well because they were practically new from memory....

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I have no idea lol....anyone???

Theres another set on there anyway i think. I was going to bid but i was out last nite and got back waaaay after the auction had finished. I checked it this morning and am realy p.o'd i missed out on them. Matt said he only got them for like 550 from O'Donnells or whatever that tyre place is about 2 years ago. Good score to the buyer who got them. I also managed to miss out on an Alpine type R 15" sub that went for 209 bucks coz of the same reason. Bad night on ebay all round lol.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Todd, I tracked down that website selling NEW door panels. Not bad at US140 a side:

www.worlduph.com

Hope it's all going well.....I may be off the road for a couple of days waiting for a voltage regulator from Jaymic. local price $411, Jaymic price $75.70 - shipped..... Go figure!

faqsignature.jpg