• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think the forum should be ad supported.

Personally, id like to se ads by local companies like seams perfect and 2002haus. This is the best place to put out a product and it seems like the money could go towards things like better profiles or oven a car registry like cardomain. I dont think anyone would be offended by ads and most would be pleased with any improvements ads could support. [/u]

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• Administrators

actually the original idea for this site was no banner advertising. That was done for a couple reasons. One is that they are very annoying, two: sponsors usually have demands on how things have to be run. We always wanted to stay independent from that, thus the idea for google ads in some locations. You might have already noticed a google search for the Site. You can also use it to search the web. Every ad you clock gives us a couple cents.

i was thinking of having a "Supporting Vendor's Page" but i am afraid of running into the point #2.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

It seems like you should be able to say "make a banner" and just post it. Give a size limit and let them do the work. I think mega corporate banners are a bad idea - but local privately owned 02 contributing companies could be in spirit of the orig break from roadfly.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

I hate anything that moves- if we have ads, then keep them simple and just links in the corner, not even pictures is best.. like craigslist has.

nothing worse than all this friggin banners flickering and moving- I have refused to go to many sites due to such ads - and i plan to not go to many more!

'70 project

hate bandwith suckers .. especially those loaded off site or with gifs

but like SteveK says, the click through agreements often require you to use 3rd party cookies & banners made by the advertizer.

I was thinking if I found the powerball ticket I'd just drop 10 grand on Steve and we could forget about it.. sadly it didn't happen

hate bandwith suckers .. especially those loaded off site or with gifs

but like SteveK says, the click through agreements often require you to use 3rd party cookies & banners made by the advertizer.

I was thinking if I found the powerball ticket I'd just drop 10 grand on Steve and we could forget about it.. sadly it didn't happen

+ you could grab a set of those ITB's ;-)

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky