• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DO ANY VW seats fit in an 02?

ACHTUNG

Unless you already have some VW seats readily available, I recommend going with Integra seats. They can be found dirt cheap on Craigslist, as every pimple-faced teenager won't be caught dead with stock seats in their 'modded teg'. I paid $100 for a set (front and back) of tan leather seats from a mid '90s Integra. They look great (save for some cracking and whatnot), and Scottie Sharpe will vouch for how comfortable they are. If leather is not your thing, black, grey, or tan cloth seats in perfect condition can also be had for a song.

Taking my time, it took the better part of a Saturday to swap the brackets (which are already spaced correctly) and grind down portions of the back seats to allow them to fit properly.

Jason

1974 Malaga 2002 daily driver

Maybe a little off-topic, but does anyone know if the horsehair seat pads from any Beetle (Type 1) seats can be modified to fit in '02 factory seats?

I ask because repro horsehair pads seem to be available in several styles for about 1/5th the price of '02 seat pads (and some of those you have to cut anyway). I don't know about the quality, but for 20-30 bucks...

'73 2002tii Agave green #2763558