• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how far could i lower my car with bilstein struts

Guest dutch

could i lower it like 2 inches or only like 1.25?

those of you who have used them let me know how low yours is if its lower than 1.25 and if it worked out.

ya i know that much but can i lower the car so much that one of the struts explodes when i go over a bump and im not looking for a lowrider lowering im looking for a race car lowering.

Do you have Bilstein strut inserts? Heavy Duty or Sport? From what I understand what you worry about with a lower spring is bottoming the strut and destroying the shock valving. Bilstein Sports are shorter which places the valving at a more optimum position for use with lowering springs.

Verona '73 tii

Carnival '65 Mk1 Tiger

Do you have Bilstein strut inserts? Heavy Duty or Sport? From what I understand what you worry about with a lower spring is bottoming the strut and destroying the shock valving. Bilstein Sports are shorter which places the valving at a more optimum position for use with lowering springs.

Verona '73 tii

Carnival '65 Mk1 Tiger

If you have Ireland make you a coil over set up they will also shorten the strut and put in VW Rabbit Sports if you ask. That will give you all the lowering you will ever need.

DSC00743.jpg

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades