• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring Rate

o2obsessed

• Administrators

that is a loaded quetion. you migth want to specify what you will be doing with the car and what shocks do you have. Otherwise there is no limit ot how you can get the spring rate in the car. nothing really should break.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

but you'd be unhappy with it.

The new version of conventional wisdom is to go as SOFT as you can and still stick to the pavement.

So your street car is gonna want 100 lbs/in front and back,

an agressive street car is gonna be happy at 200 front, 165 rear,

and a track car at 300 front, 250 rear.

And each will have different shocks to match.

The Honda Accord kits are too stiff for anything but racing...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

For street: as soft as possible

For tracks: 350/400 front, 350/400 rear, stock location

You don't want too stiff on tracks or you will not be able to "hump" the turtles. They will simply spit you out. You need a bit of compliance somewhere. As a start, use equal spring rate front and back. A thick rear swaybar also helps make the car tail-happy to throttle steer in corners. On my racecar, all four wheels have equal wear, which indicates a good balance.

Here is a shot of my car with me driving and giving rides to guests. You can see that even the rear inside wheel doesn't lift too much, in a very tight corner. I run 375 front and 350 rear but should have 375/400 rear.

CRW_8578.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.