• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old skool wheels

Taospec

Does anybody know the address to a web site that sells, or has pictures of alot wheels from the early '90's, 80's, and 70's? I've located an actual distributor of older wheels, in the San Fernando Valley, yet they are Japanese wheels, and they do not have a catalog, so I could browse through what was availabe back then.

but German, British, French, USA, Italian and the like. I live in the San Fernando Valley so I'm curious who the company is. Don't they have a website? Do a google image search for particular Japaneses brands like Exim, Exip, Hayashi or whatever Japanese wheel makers you can think of. You'll find plenty of pics of wheels doing a google image search.

Guest Anonymous

I cannot seem to get the info on that shop from the net. I will stop by there tomorrow, and get more info.

Oh, I did not want to purchase Japanese wheels; however, I wanted to get an idea of what wheels were available during the 2002 era, and after, that would fit on the car. I figured I would go no later than the early '90's because some of these wheels might be easier to locate.

as I said, having been an '02 owner back then too. Proper vintage wheels are going to be like Cosmics (pictured here), Ronal, BWA, Cromodora, ATS, Campagnolo, American Racing, BBS, Mahle, Minilite, Alpina and a lot more that others will mention. There are plenty of nice wheels made after the '02 era including Japanese wheels, but the Japanese wheels started in the early '80s.

1600w1.jpg

Kool. Thank you for the info. And those are some kool wheels in that B&W pic. I was thinking about those type of wheels. I was just taking a peek at some Revolution wheels. I think those UK stuff, however.

Oh, and the name of that old used Japanese wheels distributor, that is located in the Valley, in I believe Canoga Park, is called Takumi Project.

....and have 6 (13 in.) of them, all ready to be restored and mounted on my 70.

Anybody have ANY idea where to find original Cosmic wheels caps?

I'm thinking, since I have some in very poor shape, I'm going to have new ones fabricated and the original Cosmic pattern re-screened on them.

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------