• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 listed for sale as '70's era'

JasonG

Well, the body has big bumpers, squarie, didn't see a VIN listed.. But, there are resources out there to decode your VIN. (Plus the VIN should be on the crankcase, frame, VIN plate, and steering column. I have 4 on my '02.) Mobile Tradition anyone?

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

Well, the body has big bumpers, squarie, didn't see a VIN listed.

Saw all that, so it should be a '74-'76. I'm not looking to buy it, just confused as to how the owner could possibly not know the year of his car. I mean, at that price you would expect him to have the title and registration in hand, along with a good amount of other documentation. Seeing the '70's era' thing makes me wonder if the car has a salvage title, or none at all.

Knowing Sausalito, he will likely still get the $5500 firm he is asking.

Jason

1974 Malaga 2002 daily driver

It's not a 74 since the tail pipe comes straight out the back, so that narrows it down to a 75-76. Another hint that it's not a 74 is the water bottle mount is on top of the brake booster, 74's were on the passenger side inner fender. Since it has a weber on it without a stock air cleaner, it would have never passed smog with that set up if it was a 76. My guess is a 75. $5.5K for almost a stock 75 02 seems to be asking a lot, Being Sausalito, they'll probably get it.

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner